Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Dope Ish You Need To Know Too!

Have you ever had that moment when you just hear a song or two that makes you mind come to a stand still? I mean really just pause and focus on the lyrics, the instrumentation, the beat and syncopation? Well, tonight rather this morning my mind was blown by a lot of music that I just heard for the first time. I have been in a rut as far as writing has been for few months. The pressure of writing my first novel and trying to maintain a blog can keep a man on edge. But tonight I've been inspired by some new talented artists. I'm really digging this starlet out of the Bay area by the name of Kehlani. She's only 19 years old but she fire! I had to do some research because here face looked so familiar and my detective work led me to the fact that she was once on "America's Got Talent" back when she was in the 8th grade. Man, has she grown!

I've heard about this versatile singer/rapper by the name of Tink out of Chicago, but I never really heard anything from her until tonight. Yes, I know I'm late to the party but shit I rather be late--than to never come at all. This gem has got some substance behind her delivery. Could she be the artist that can pick up the torch that Lauryn left before she went wayward? Time will tell. I can assure she is a lot better than a lot of the female MC's out right now, sorry Nicki.

So do yourself a favor and get your mind engulfed in some great new music from some very talented artists out there right now. Open your ears for a much needed "eargasim" courtesy of your boy Stretch!

No comments: