Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Amy Winehouse aka Miss Can't Get Right....



The Good Amy!

7-23-2011
Addendum: How eerily ironic is it that I wrote this piece almost 3 years to the date of Amy's death. I can't tell you how I was feeling on Saturday when I read that she had died. I quickly remembered about this piece I wrote about the downfall drugs can do a person. I somewhat predicted some sort of demise of this young soul starlet. It saddens me that her demons overtook her and eventually took her away from this earth. My prayers go out to her family, friends and fans who loved her regardless. Gone is another star who shined bright but burned out way before her time! May God bless the soul of Amy Winehouse and may she be in a place where she can no longer hurt anymore.

This is starting to become a tired re-run as far as I'm concerned about Amy "Dope Fiend" Winehouse! This talented woman has definitely been through the "craze maze" since she started. It really saddens me to see her literally destroy herself so the whole world can see. It's like a bad sitcom on Fox or the CW.

Amy can go down in history with the likes of a Sara Vaughn, Aretha, Bessie Smith, "Ma" Rainey and even to a certain degree Mary J. Blige. But the course Amy is on she is headed down the path of a Janis Joplin, Billie Holiday, Mama Cass and recent train-wreck Whitney "Hell to Naw" Houston!

Amy is a star but her light is rapidly starting to diminish. I'm starting to agree with Natalie Cole when she was opposed to the Academy giving Amy all of those Grammies this past year. That only adds fuel to the fire. The label and her "so-called" inner-circle only have one thing in mind with her and that's that "Money...Money...Yeah...Yeah!!"

The Bad Amy!
Yes, it has been more than documented that this woman has her demons but I really think someone needs to seriously intervene and shut her down for a bit. But that ain't going to happen as long as she is a hot-commodity and the talk of the town. And let's not forget a media darling!

Peep Amy for what she is a talented woman and not abuse her and take advantage of her weakness and insecurities that she possesses. Do yourself a favor and listen to her "Frank" album sometime this week. You will get a sense of how poignant this woman is and can be in the world of music.



http://music.yahoo.com/read/news/46570241

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

getting into entertainment news is as natural for this girl as breathing